Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gussie's first stitches

Sweet Gus has had this first (and probably not his last) stitches at the ER on Saturday. I put Gus down for his nap, around 2:30 on Saturday, I didn't hear any noise and was keeping an ear out while getting the house organized (we are selling our house upstate, another story). I heard him chatting away, no crying, then a little crying, 5 minutes later, full distressed crying. I ran up the stairs, into his room and couldn't believe my eyes. I truly was stunned to see blood everywhere, all over his face, his hands, his clothes, his crib, it took me a full 15 seconds to take it in and understand the situation. I just couldn't believe my eyes. Gus had managed to pull down a framed picture of my Dad off the wall, it shattered to the ground and somehow sliced the inside his little finger in the meantime. I yelled for Conor, who took control of the situation, very calmly. We rushed him to the bathroom and then to ER where he had to have two stitches! I cuddled and cuddled him and was so glad I was there for him. 
Luckily, Gus's godmother jumped to rescue, cleaned the nursery, top to bottom, followed by watching over Cole, while we were in ER. S, you are a real trooper.
The ER nurse asked me if our second child was a boy, at which point she said - two boys, you'll be back! 
Gus with his spongebob sticker and stitched up hand. 

3 comments:

pve design said...

Being a Mom of boys, I have many an escapade to the Nursery! First stitches...but they probably will not be his last. Good luck with all your excitement.
pve

Design Scouting said...

oh man! I'm glad everyone is ok!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Oh my goodness! That must have been terrifying for you to walk in and see blood. I'm glad he'll be fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...